VA Remote and Equitable Access to COVID-19 Healthcare Delivery (VA-REACH TRIAL)
This study was started on April 30, 2020 with estimated primary completion date March 2021. Study mainly aimed to resolve the complaints of cough, fever and shortness of breath within the time frame of 30 days.
It was 3 arm RCT to determine the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine or azithromycin in treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 among Veterans in the outpatient setting.
it was as phase 3 interventional study. Primary purpose of study was Treatment.
interventional drug information :
- Drug: Hydroxychloroquine
- Hydroxychloroquine: 2x200mg mg .PO in the AM and 2x200mg PO in the PM on Day 1, followed by 200mg PO in the AM and 200 mg PO in the PM on Days 2-5.
- Drug: Azithromycin
- Azithromycin: 2x250mg by mouth (PO) in the AM on Day 1, followed by 250mg PO every day on Days 2-5.
- Drug: Placebo oral tablet
- Placebo in pill packs identical to study drugs
Study enrolled 300 subjects with age of 216 months older.
- Update :
- This study has been suspended because of some reason. Study may start any anytime later.